The Epiq Difference: eDiscovery in Canada
Operating in Canada since 2010, Epiq is a global leader in providing fully integrated technology products and services for eDiscovery and document review, working with leading review platforms such as Relativity® and Summation and adhering to Canada Competition Bureau guidelines. No matter the size or complexity of your project, Epiq oﬀers best-quality eDiscovery and document review anywhere in the world, and we tailor our approach to deliver on your specific objectives. Every time.
Local eDiscovery Canada Expertise with Global Presence and Top-Tier Security
With satisfied customers spanning six continents, we deploy on-site solutions all over the world and can deliver solutions wherever they are needed. Epiq’s global oﬃces and data centres meet or exceed Tier III standards and feature a multi-layered security program. Manned 24/7 and protected via dual interlocking doors, tailgate-proof mantrap, keycard access, biometric and closed-circuit TV (CCTV) systems, our Toronto data centre oﬀers superior levels of security, reliability and connectivity. The data centre’s security features also include:
- Leading commercial technology to provide defense against both external and internal attacks
- Full-time staﬀ of certified information security professionals to manage our security program
- SSAE 16 certification
Epiq eDiscovery Services in Canada:
- Expertise around the Competition Bureau Canada (CCB) SIR enforcement guidelines:
- Familiar and compliant with particular attention to indexing produced records to the applicable sections of the order/request. We’re also familiar with the nuances that surround the CCB’s redactions and native production policies.
- Regular participation in calls with the CCB during which processing and production specifications are vetted and agreed upon
- Experience loading eDiscovery processing data into Summation
- Scalable on-site solutions delivered rapidly, in Toronto or anywhere in the world
- Complete foreign language support, capable of ingesting more than 195 languages, providing searchable text and metadata
- The ability to support multiple reviews and geographically dispersed reviewers
- The capability to host millions of documents
- Loading and integration of documents from third-party processing tools
- Consultants and experts on-site
- Integrated workflow
Supplementary Information Requests (SIR) in Canada
During antitrust/competition investigations, we have unparalleled experience responding to requests by domestic and international agencies for the production of highly sensitive data relating to acquisitions and mergers. In fact, Epiq has been on the forefront of working with government agencies to develop successful strategies for deploying analytics tools to dramatically reduce the scope of data a company must provide.
Supplementary Information Requests (SIR) in Canada are invariably high-profile and fast-moving: the Epiq team is trained to know and understand Canadian laws and to work quickly and eﬃciently to ensure the best outcome possible. We work closely with you and your outside counsel to collect, process and review data in a defensible and cost-eﬃcient manner. As corporate transactions are coming under increasing scrutiny by multiple countries, Epiq has the international resources to respond accordingly in all countries involved. In addition to our experienced client services and consulting teams, Epiq has developed a core group of project managers and attorneys who have extensive atitrust/competition document review experience.